Monday, June 17, 2013

The power of a warm shower

I was allowed to remove the wound dressings today, which my husband did while I kept my eyes closed!  I shouldn't have been so hesitant, they look great! I have a 1inch incision above left breast where they did biopsy from. It is a little swollen, but looks good.  There is a horizontal 1/2 inch incision right between my breasts where drainage chest tube was.  I was allowed to shower and just let water run over cuts, which means i still have a lot of sticky stuff and Betadina around the 2 cuts, but most of the sticky/orange stuff (betadine mix or something) that was on my face, neck, shoulders and tummy has been removed!

I feel so much better after showering, that I'm going to celebrate with a nap.  I think I'll be able to lower the pain med again later today so I'm not as groggy...

We're back to waiting for biopsy results, I already emailed my oncologist, hoping to hear something soon!

3 comments:

  1. My first real shower after surgery reminded me of the song "Human Again" from Beauty and the Beast. Glad you're feeling better.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MetM68Lr9U8

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking of you! Glad you're feeling better and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me algra que te sientas mejor,, Estas dando catedra de fortaleza y positivismo,, Se te quiere Sobrinita,, Ya veras que saldras airosa de todo esto

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for joelletalks.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
31 year old navigating life with husband and almost-2-years-old daughter :)