Friday, June 14, 2013

Big Surprise Today - Family in Town!

Still waiting on PET scan results.  I will say I am impressed, because even though it seems like we are just waiting and waiting on someone to get back to me - it is not that way at all.  My oncologist emailed me at 4pm and 8pm yesterday to let me know he had been checking the system and the results were not yet posted.  It makes me feel better to know that he is on it!

I promise I will post when we hear the news, I know many of you are anxiously waiting to hear them too.

I wanted to share something awesome that has happened to me, though.  Last night, we went to pick up one of my sisters from the airport, who was coming in for the weekend.  I was very happy to have her here and thought it would also be great for my Mom.  Well, this morning, the doorbell rang at 6:15am, and my husband said it was a package that had arrived.  A package, at 6 in the morning!  We needed to get up early to have a check up with the doc that first saw me at Urgent Care, and found the mass (yes, I thank him profusely every time I see him - and he'll probably be reading this today - so say thanks to Dr L everybody!).   Anyway, I got out of bed, ready to find out if it was USPS, UPS, or FedEx I needed to yell at for ringing the doorbell this early in the morning (they could have woken up the baby!).  I leave my room, and find my sister and Dad standing in the living room!  I was so excited! They say I had a scared/surprised look on my face, and I'm sure I did!  So, we had hugs and caught up - and my daughter has been having a fun morning with them.  It was a great surprise, and I'm so glad they were able to come out.  My brother stayed home, he's got med school classes and tests to deal with (but hey, some day he will be helping people deal with their tough situations in life, so I figure he is paying it forward).  We are going to have a fun filled weekend, can't wait.

I will post again later soon!

8 comments:

  1. YEY!!!!!!!!! Theres no better medicine than family!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, have fun, take lots of pictures because I wanna see happy faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that they were able to make the trip to see you. I'm betting they needed it as much as you do. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que bueno!!! Comp dice Sorich, nada mejor que la familia :)
    Tqmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nada como la energia de la Familia,, Estamos pendientes,, Se te quiere en casa de los Sala San Miguel,, Abrazos a tu padre y tu maridito el Domingo,, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, this is hilarious!
    Oh, and: THANK YOU Dr. L!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for joelletalks.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
31 year old navigating life with husband and almost-2-years-old daughter :)